Subject : Science
Time : 10 : 00 – 11 : 00 (60 min)
Topic : Living Things Have Basic Needs
Sub-topic : 1.3 What Do Animals Need
Learning Outcomes : By the end of the lesson, pupils will be able to
a) Identify the basic needs of animals.
b) Give reasons why animals need food, water, air and shelter.
Previous knowledge : Pupils have learnt about,
a) Animals need food, water, air and shelter to stay alive..
Thinking skills : Making attributing, relating, making conclusions
Moral values : Being respect, being kind-hearted and caring
1. Teacher plays the introduction component.
2. Teacher ask pupils what they have seen if they visited a zoo.
3. Teacher plays the basic need of fish and ask questions.
4. Teacher plays the bird and cat need breath and ask questions.
5. Teacher ask pupils what animals eat?
6. Teacher explain the importance of shelters to animals.