Topic exercise: Constellations
A group of stars that forms a certain pattern in the sky.
1. The statement above refers to :
A Sun C Earth
B Moon D Constellations
2. Constellations are important because they :
I Give off light III Indicate the time to plant crops
II Show directions IV Indicate the time to harvest crops
A I and II only C I, II and III only
B I , III and IV only D II, III and IV only
3. A fisherman who lost his direction wants to travel south. Which of the following
Constellations does he need to look for ?
A Southern Cross
C Big Dipper
4. Which of the following is true about the constellation?
A Constellation is a group of planets.
B Constellation is a group of natural satellites.
C Constellation is a group of asteroids in the solar system.
D Constellation is a group of stars that form a certain pattern in the sky.
5. What is the importance of constellations?
I To show directions
II To form four seasons
III To indicate the time to carry out certain activities
A I only
B I and III only
C II and III only
D I, II and III